Monday, November 2, 2020

Second trip to Australia

 Our second trip to Australia was in April  2004 we went as a group of 5 Jim and I my older brother my youngest son and his friend my brother and son had never flown before so was a big adventure for them we of cause flew to Adelaide via Melbourne as once again was to catch up with my 4 brothers that were living there Jim had his birthday while we where there so my sister in law did him a cake and there was so much food and of cause the odd drink 

they all look so young 

My younger brother that we stayed with hired a van and we all went on an overnight road trip to Mt Gambier its about a 4 and half hour drive south of Adelaide very close to the Victoria border so the 7 of us in the van and my other brother his wife and daughter followed us in there car 

My next big thing on my now growing list the big Lobster in Kingston South Australia


We booked  into our cabins just outside of Mt Gambier and them went exploring 


About 5000 years ago a volcano erupted and the lava cool to form an intricate network of caves the cave roofs have slowly collapsed to expose vast areas the most impressive is the Umpherston Sinkhole know as the Sunken Garden in 1886 James Umpherston decided to beatify the hole and started planting vegetation now you can wonder around the amazing gardens fee of charge 



In the evening the possums come out for you to feed they are protected in Australia unlike here in New Zealand I found them very cute 

Once back in Adelaide they took us to Freeling the town where they filmed McLeods Daughters which I loved at the time so had to have a photo standing infront of the Gungellan Hotel 


we all had a wonderful holiday and could not wait to plan the next one 

Have a great day :)

1 comment:

  1. What happy memories (and, yes, you do all look so young LOL).
    Love that big lobster!

    ReplyDelete

 This the beginning of Luckys adventures  This is my very first trip to Australia checking out the packing making sure they dont leave me be...