Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Day out in Nature

 In January 2019 we decided after living in Hamilton for years we would visit Mt Maungatautari better known as Sanctuary Mountain its an hours drive South of Hamilton 

It  a Ecological reserve the largest on mainland New Zealand a haven for native wildlife and Plants surrounded by 47 kms of predator proof fence which encloses 3400 hectares 

there are 5 walks we decided on the 30 minute walk 

The start of the walk you have to go through 2 big gates I liked this sign 



 

Was so nice under the canopy 

There were lots of fungi 

lots of bird life 




And we saw our very first Kaka so beautiful they come in to the feeding station 

they looked so amazing in flight 

We had an awesome day out 
Have a great day :)

1 comment:

  1. It is still on my list of places to visit again, which I must do soon. I really love your kaka photos, Mxx

    ReplyDelete

 This the beginning of Luckys adventures  This is my very first trip to Australia checking out the packing making sure they dont leave me be...