Monday, November 30, 2020

Our 5th trip to Australia day 5

We left Dubbo early the next morning and headed for Young on the way we stopped at Parkes to check out the CSIRO Radio Telescope Observatory which was one of several radio antennae used to receive live television images of the Apollo 11 moon landing 


Then we went to the Parkes Car Museum 


An old shiny car 


And an old rusty Tractor 

there was all sorts the next town on the way is Forbes as I do Ancestry and like a bit of history I had to go to the cemetery to see the grave of Kate Foster nee Kelly the sister of Ned Kelly the infamous bush ranger well know in Victoria Australia 


While passing through one of the small towns we saw a large Toohey beer can one to add to my big things 


Then on to Young where we found big Cherries another thing to add to my big things 


Not much to do in Young so just sat around talking then went out to dinner 

more adventures tomorrow 

Have a great day :) 

1 comment:

  1. I knew Parkes was known for its satellite dish, but I had no idea it was that big.
    Love the cherries :)

    ReplyDelete

 This the beginning of Luckys adventures  This is my very first trip to Australia checking out the packing making sure they dont leave me be...